Saturday 19 January 2013

Greyed greens and blues

Paint Colour Inspiration from Nature


It is no wonder that I favour greyed greens and blues in my interior decor. All I need to do is take my dog for a walk to see my influences. This morning there was fog in the harbour.



Can you see why I love a colour like Blue Grass (CC-460)? Or Stratton Blue?



This kind of fog is pretty at sunrise, but I actually don't want pure greys on my walls or furniture.  (I do have one grey linen table cloth.) I need a bit of colour during these months of low overcast clouds we live in on the west coast.

Glazed Green(CC-580) is another colour I can't live without in my house. Can you see why every greyed green from Georgian Green to Misted Fern seems like a good choice to me?

Every poet needs to get away from the desk, out of the house once in a while, to breathe some foggy air, walk some hills and look at the beauty around her in the world.  Then try, through paint, wallpaper, and fabrics to bring some verisimilitude of nature back into the shelter, and through pen and paper to wake up the reader to the world.

No comments: